Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It's All Fun and Games

Finally getting around to reading the September/October 2011 issue of Knowledge Quest, and guess what ... it's about educational gaming! I'm so behind the times. Actually, you know what? I was super AHEAD years ago. At least when it comes to actual games (versus gamifying lessons). Check out this snazzy collection development guide that I and a classmate put together for our Children's Lit class back in 2006: It’s Your Turn: Best Board Games for Your Children’sRoom

For the last day of school, I brought in Uno and Taboo. They're related, respectively, to math and ELA! I definitely want to plan for International Games Day in November this year.

Anyways, here are some ideas/resources from KQ:


No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work by Meredith C. Moore is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.